The international filing date of an international application is the date on which it is received at one of the EPO's filing offices, or at a national authority in an EPC contracting state (see GL/PCT‑EPO A‑II, 3.2), provided that the following minimum requirements are fulfilled at the time of receipt:
– The applicant is a resident or national of an EPC contracting state.
– The application (description and claim(s)) is in English, French or German.
– The application contains at least the following elements:
– an indication that it is intended as an international application (this indication is in the header of the request form, PCT/RO/101)
– a request which constitutes the designation of a state bound by the PCT on the international filing date (filing the request form, PCT/RO/101, automatically designates all PCT contracting states)
– the name of the applicant
– a part which on the face of it appears to be a description
– a part which on the face of it appears to be a claim or claims
If these requirements have been fulfilled, the purported international application will be accorded its actual date of receipt as the international filing date; the applicant will be notified accordingly (Form PCT/RO/105).