EUROPEAN PATENT OFFICE
Information from the EPO
16th edition of the European Patent Convention
The 16th edition of the European Patent Convention will be available as of July. It contains
- the text of the Convention on the Grant of European Patents (EPC) applicable since 13 December 2007
- the EPC Implementing Regulations as in force since 1 May 2016; also included is an amendment to the regulations which enters into force on 1 November 2016
- the rules of procedure of the European Patent Office's boards of appeal and Enlarged Board of Appeal which are included for the first time in the edition of the EPC
- the protocols which are integral parts of the EPC (Protocol on the Interpretation of Article 69 EPC, Protocol on Centralisation, Protocol on Recognition, Protocol on Privileges and Immunities, Protocol on the Staff Complement)
- an extract from the EPC Revision Act of 29 November 2000
- the Administrative Council's decision of 28 June 2001 on the transitional provisions under Article 7 of the Revision Act and
- the Rules relating to Fees.
It also contains an index of decisions and opinions of the Enlarged Board of Appeal published in the Official Journal of the EPO (Annex I), a cross-reference list to EPC 1973 and EPC 2000 (Annex II) and an alphabetical keyword index.
Orders should be sent to the sub-office in Vienna, which is responsible for supplying EPO publications
The price of the 16th edition is EUR 89 (including postage and packing).