EUROPEAN PATENT OFFICE
Information from the EPO
Registration of European patents (UK) in crown dependencies, UK overseas territories and Commonwealth countries
The European Patent Office has received the following information on the registration of European patents (UK) in crown dependencies, UK overseas territories and Commonwealth countries.1, 2 This list replaces the one published in OJ EPO 2004, 179.
1. The following allow the owner of a European patent (UK) to apply for registration at any time during the life of the European patent (UK):
2. Applications for registration must be made within five years of the grant of the European patent (UK) in:
Turks and Caicos Islands
3. Applications for registration must be made within three years of the grant of the European patent (UK) in:
British Virgin Islands
4. In each of cases 1 to 3, the term of the patent based on the registration in the crown dependency, overseas territory or Commonwealth country expires with that of the European patent (UK).
5. Applications for registration of a European patent (UK) can no longer be made in:
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
1 The EPO has made every effort to ensure that the information given here is accurate, but accepts no responsibility for any errors, omissions or misleading statements resulting from negligence or otherwise.
2 For patent protection in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, see the separate notice in OJ EPO 2009, 546.
3 Applies to European patents (UK) with a filing date of 1 January 2012 or later.